Call it a French Press, call it a Plunger, call it with you want. This handy device has been at the forefront of coffee brewing in most of our kitchens and we've developed a recipe that delivers great results.
Ingredients & Targets
- 24 grams of your favourite Cairngorm espresso roast if you take yours with milk or filter if you prefer it black.
- 400 grams of filtered water
- Alternatively, adjust to a Coffee Brew Ratio of 1:16.7 (Coffee : Filtered Water)
- French press
- Digital scales
- Cup or carafe
- Spoon or paddle
- Grind 24g of coffee at a medium to course grind.
- Add ground coffee to brew chamber.
- Start timer and add 400g brew water 94-96°C
- Allow brew to steep for 3min using a spoon break the crust, gliding your spoon from front to back 3 times skim the surface and clean any coffee grinds that remain on the surface with two spoons.
- Use the plunger to bring all remaining grinds to the base of the brewer this should take 15-30 seconds so plunge slowly.
- Plunge all the way down until you can’t anymore.
- Decant into a carafe. (Hot Tip: use a pour over brewer with a pre rinsed filter to gain more clarity.)
- Sit back, relax and sip your deliciously brewed coffee. Feel free to add milk if that’s what you’re into.